Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012

Today would have been my mom's 63rd birthday. It's the first birthday since she passed. The day was not as difficult as I thought it would be.

I've been going kinda nuts since Saturday. I've never had a panic attack, but it kind of felt like a big long 48 hour panic attack. I seem to think panic attacks can't last that long, but it was definitly weird. I couldn't think, function, anything.

That's when I started fretting about everything with therapy. I know the exact issues that keeps pestering me. I also know, I never bring it up. I feel like, if I just do, I might be able to move past it.

I texted a friend on Monday morning. I asked her if it was weird for me to call my therapist to schedule an appointment for this week. I didn't have one this week (I've been going every two weeks). She responded and said that is what I was suppose to do. She said they knew issues didn't just come up every two weeks.

So, I called her. I was in a very precarious place, and couldn't speak much without crying. I got her voicemail. I left a message, that wasn't detailed, but said I wanted to know if she had any openings this week. She's only at the office in my town one day a week, so its pretty logical she might be full.

Anyway, she called me back. I was pretty brief, but scheduled an appointment. Now, for bringing up everything I've been thinking. I've toyed with the idea of writing her a letter, but that feels odd.

The good news, is that she knows this isn't regularly scheduled. If fact, I've said specifically, I didn't need to come every week. So, at the very least I'll have to explain the reasoning.

I've narrowed down all the immediate concerns to 5 specific things. I don't actually think we'll get to talk about all 5, but if I get them out, at least she'll know if I'm avoiding them in the future. Hopefully, we can talk about one or two of them Thursday.

Here's hoping.

No comments: