Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

You always pass failure on your way to success. – Mickey Rooney

I had a doctor say to me today that I was an Avonex failure.  I don't like being called a failure, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with me.  I also don't necessarily agree with him.  I was sick - really sick a few weeks ago.  The fact that a relapse has started is probably from that.

Maybe he is right (which PS, his name is Dr. House), but I'd rather wait for Dr. Dayaw to say it.  If Dr. Dayaw thinks it, then I'll assume its right.  If not, then I'll keep on the Avonex.

Which of course, is a long winded way of saying that I'm admitted in the hospital.  I'm having a flare.  I have a really old roommate, who is scared to go home after what happened to her.  I don't actually know what happened to her, but she's kind of cute.  It's sad, but the nurses and doctors are super nice to her.

And now I'm getting a dose of steroids, and then I get to go home.  I'm not scared of going home.  I'm looking forward to going home.  I have to come back for 3 more days, as an outpatient, to finish the round, but that's ok.  It's SOOOOO much better than actually being here.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

in whatever context it was said he should not have called u an Avonex failure.

Heidi said...

Yeah, its really bugging me actually. I think though, I'll wait until I see the neuro I trust before I make any decisions.