Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves. ~Eric Sevareid

Merry Christmas to any blog readers out that that celebrate the holiday.

I have to say, this is the first Christmas in a while that I have not seen the big debate on facebook over the name of the holiday.  Some say, "Happy Holidays," to in inclusive, others demand they are only wished a "Merry Christmas" and abhor the phrase Xmas, because it takes Christ out of Christmas.

Me, I don't care so much either way.  I say Merry Christmas, because that's what my family has always celebrated, but I am also appreciative of a Happy Holidays or even Happy Hanukah.  Whatever.  If you wish me one of those, I'll wish the same back to you.

So I wish everyone a happy whatever they celebrate and hope the new years brings peace, love, kindness, and a cure for MS!  :)

No comments: