Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

I give up.  I call uncle.  I've gone to the dogs.  I'm a lost ball in high weeds.  I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot.  I've at my wits' end. 

I'm all of these things and then some.  I think this is the beginning of a relapse.  It started with dizziness....constant and nothing relieved it.  I could deal.  It wasn't so bad.  I was annoyed, but was happy to just deal.

Then this afternoon, my vision has been affected.  I can't see to the left when I first look that way.  It takes like 5 to 10 seconds before I can actually make out the pictures.  I'm so very afraid that it's only going to get worse and not get better.

I called the doctor, and then instantly regretted it.  I don't want to be one of those people that calls the doctor for every little thing.  I guess though, this isn't a little thing.  It still annoys me that I am so dependent on her. I want to be independent, and one of those people that sees the doctor every 6 months or a year, or whatever is the recommended amount of time between neurologist visits.  But, I'm not.  I feel safer when she knows what is going on. 

Anyway, she ordered some blood work.  I went and had it done.  They will know the results tomorrow.  I'm hoping its something else, anything other than a relapse.  I don't have time for that right now.


Nicole said...

Sounds scary and definitely worth a call to the neuro.
I think you made the right decision.

Lee-Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee-Anne said...

I had some funny eye stuff going on a while back... It began when I was sitting at the computer and I couldn't read a whole sentence because there were blurry patches. It lasted about an hour. Was I freaked out even though the new symptom hadn't lasted long enough to be a new symptom? Hell yes!! Fortunately I had a neuro app a week later and we discussed it. He showed me a pic of what I thought I was seeing and it turned out I had a painless migrane. It happened a few weeks later in a lecture. It's good that you have gone to the neuro, as either way it will put your mind at rest. If it is a new symptom then you can start to do something about it. I hope it isn't. Good luck.