Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rainy Days for the MS bike run

So, today was the MS bike run.  It was also a very wet day with rain constantly....it would start to settle down a bit, and then pour again.  That's not so condusive to motorcycles.  There wasn't a very large turnout.  There was a some, maybe 20, but no where near the number I saw in the video last year.

So, I'm still in my I-hate-the-medical-profession mood and I really hate MS, but I tried to just shake it all off for today.  I didn't want to be there and miserable.  That was fairly successful.  But then it looked like I wasn't going to be able to get a ride.  With not many riders, and those that were singles were happy to be singles in this rain, that meant no ride for me.

My family said that I could try again next year.  I said, "ugh, that means I'm going to have to MS a whole another year."

Um, duh!  I played it off like a joke, but when it first came out of my mouth, I think I was serious.  What the heck was I thinking?  That's definitly ridiculous.

And there was this really cute kid whose mom was in charge of selling tshirts.  Her was going around with a shirt, presumably to try and sell it.  He asked my brother in law if he wanted the shirt.  He told him he could have it for free.  We informed him we thouht he was meant to sell them, not give them away.  He really seemed surprised by that.

No comments: