Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

30 letters in 30 days - day 6

Dear Stranger,

It's rather weird that I don't know who you are or why I'm writing you a letter.  I don't know how old you are, or your gender, or where you live, or if you are married, where you work or if you work...I know nothing about you.  I guess that's the good thing about this letter.  It doesn't matter who you are, I can just tell you something about my life. 

In many ways, I think it's easier to talk to a stranger.  If they are a stranger, there is no past, and therefore quite potentially, no future.  You can tell them anything, as you are not worried about loosing them in your life, or saying something that will have last reprocusions.

So, dear stranger, to you, I vent my frustrations with my job.  It's camp.  I love camp.  Camp is my life and has been since I was 8 years old.  My background is resident camp.  This is a fairly new job, first summer.  It's also day camp.

I don't think I like day camp very much.  I find a lot of things annoying about day camp, and while I want to completely excel at my job - I'm just not sure I love it.  I like it enough I guess, but I don't know if I will ever feel that I love it. That worries me greatly.

No comments: