Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

one of those people....

So, for the past few weeks, I have been having this really weird pain.  It's in my neck, right above the boney part (also read: no pertinent organs located anywhere in the vicinity).  It's this sharp kind of pulsating pain.  When it's acting up, it shoots down my left arm as well. 

So, the first time it happened, if it had been any lower, I think I would have gone to the hospital.  I describe this pain to my friends as "my heart attack in my neck." 

Anyway, my friends asked me today if I told my doctor.  I did not.  My doctor said a while ago that I should tell her about things that last more than 24 hours.  This did not.  It came and went.  It didn't last more than 24 hours straight...it just happens every couple of days.

I didn't want to call, cause I didn't want to be one of those people that calls about every little thing.  But now I'm afraid I'm one of those people that doesn't call when symptoms are acting up and something could be done about it.  Pahumph.

No comments: