Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

a crazy week followed by the ER

So the week has been insane.  I've slept very little, ate very little, worked a lot and was doing it.  I was tired, but all was pretty good.  Until yesterday.  Yesterday I was at work at 4 am.  A little after 5, I got up to go get something and the next thing I remember is that I was on the floor.  I felt so groggy and awful and it took me forver to figure out where I was and what happened.

I really had no idea what happened.  In one way or another I passed out.  What I'm not sure about is whether or not I had a seizure.  The only thing that made me wonder if I had a seizure was that I bit my lip.  Either way, something bad happened.  And it took me forever to come to.

There wasn't much I could do about it.  It was the open house at my camp and I wasn't leaving fo it.  My boss was great about....he told me to go, but ddn't argue when I said I wouldn't.  I called the doctor and he said I should go as well, and my plan to go after open house.

By time open house was over, I wasn't feeling so great.  My vision had changed and I just decided to go to th hospital.  The triage nurse said it probably wasn't a seizure, since I hadn't had an accident.  The nurse in my room didn't agree with that.  The doctor thinks it probably was a seizure since I bit my lip.

There was a bit of a fiasco about leaving.  The doctor came in and asked me if I wanted to be admitted.  I said no (of course!).  He agreed with that as he said if I was admitted, they wanted to monitor my heart and he didn't think it had anything to do with my heart.

Secod, he wanted to know if I wanted a spinal tap to rule out menegenetis.  I had the vaccine and so I said no.  He was also ok with that.  But whent he nurse came to discharge me, she had papers for me to sign that said I was signing out against medical advise.

I couldn't sign those.  If I did, then my insurance might not cover the follow up appointments.  I told the nurse that and she said she would go tell the doctor I was staying.  I was ridiculously bummed.  But he came in and said I didn't have to sign...basically he was trying to cover his backside.  But I promised I wouldn't sue him. 

No comments: