Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

chicken schnikes

I wimped out.  I didn't talk to my doctor about ANY of the things on my awkward agenda to talk to her about.  I planned to, I really did.  But she started talking about my neck pain and she's pretty convinced it's not neuro.  Which, in my mind, then means it's not a big deal.  She thinks worst case scenero though and she wants me to have a CT Scan. 

The problem, my job is CRAZY now.  I don't have time to have this stuff done.  I'm a summer camp director, and this is my busy season.  It's like February through Apri for a tax agent.  It's like an out of control fire for a firefighter.  It's just my life.  I really can't deal with anything personal during this season.

She said, "your health comes first," which is true, it does, but I also want to have a LIFE.  A life means doing the things I love, which is this.  I can't imagine how bad it will be when I can no longer do it.  Another strong point, that I didn't make to her - but is strong nonetheless.  Without this job, I won't have health insurance, and without health insurance, she won't be in my life anymore.

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I hope your neck pain improved. I know the job balancing act, it is not easy.