Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

beat the heat - in a pool :)

It was a great 4th of July.  I'm far too exhausted for fireworks this evening, but all in all, it was a great day.  I'm dogsitting at the house with a pool, and a couple of friends came over.  We grilled, we swam, got lots of sun.  It was a great day!

I'm slightly sunburned now.  Here's the thing - I often get a little pink when I spend an extended amount of time in a bathing suit.  Mostly, my upper arms and back, where tshirts normally cover.  Anyway, I've noticed this summer, that when I am sunburned, I feel so good.  I mean, the sunburn itself isn't nice, but health wise - I feel better than I have in a long time.

When I'm hot, there are issues, but once I cool down, it's like I don't have MS anymore.  Vision is fine, I'm not dizzy and most especially, my emotional state is excellent.  I don't know if that is normal for MS, but for me it is.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous since its the followup from the 3 MRI's.  These are the first ones done since I was diagnosed.  I'll find out if there are more leisons or if they are bigger.  I know that whatever it is, it is, and it doesn't directly relate to what symptoms I have, but I'm still nervous.

I'm also seeing my therapist tomorrow, for the first time in a while.  One week I couldn't go, then she was on vacation, so basically, I've had 3 therapy-free weeks.  I'm not gonna lie.  I kind of liked that.  But tomorrow will be good, especially if I get bad news tomorrow from the neurologist.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! that is just so cool that all the symptoms disappear once you cool down when u're burned. what the?!?! MS is so weird

Heidi said...

I asked my doc about it today....she said it didn't have to do with MS really, but probably had to do with Vit D deficiency.