Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her.

In the midst of moving and starting a new job, my mom passed away.  My wonderful, happy, amazing mother.  She drove me crazy, but she always cared 100%.  I was her only child, and she cherished me.  I don't think I ever realized how much I cherished her until she was gone.  It's been 9 days now.  There have been 9 days of my life that she has not been on this planet. 

I miss her terribly.  I would give anything just to be able to talk to her one more time.  To hug her one more time.  To listen to her ramble one more time.  To deal with her pack-rat tendancies one more time. 

I love you mom....I hope you know how much. 


http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfordcourant/obituary.aspx?n=barbara-j-gutekenst&pid=154426008

3 comments:

Judy said...

My heart goes out to you. Losing one's mother is Huge. I hope you can find solace somehow.
Judy

Lee-Anne said...

So sorry to hear, may she rest in peace.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to read about your loss Heidi. Your Mom will ever be present in your heart.