Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Resolved

My new job came with new insurance.  They said they didn't cover Avonex.  I had to use Rebief.  I don't have anything against this other drug, I'm just used to Avonex now.

Today, I was on the phone with the new specialty pharmacy working on the order.  He said, "Your case is on stage 6.  You've done most of the work already."

Actually, I did very little work.  I called my doctor's office.  That's about it.  They are BRILLANT.  I'm fairly certain it was entirely them that made it happen so quickly!  Dr. Dayaw is brillant and the staff there are so efficient.

I had an appointment to see her in December at the MS Center, but canceled it today.  The new insurance company also requires me to get a referral to see her, but the new primary will not accept me as a patient until they get my medical records from my previous doctor, and I imagine that will take longer than getting to her appointment.  I canceled it today with hopes that someone else can still get into that appointment.  And I resheduled for January, so it's all good.

No comments: