Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Life is interesting

I saw that someone found by blog by searching for the phrase "gf diagnosed with ms and freaked out."

That was very weird.  Mostly, people come here from MS bloggers, direct links or some random search phrase that got them here.  Postsecret posts and To Kill and Mockingbird quotes have generated lots of traffic.  Even, a picture I put up with some quote made it to Pininterest.

But its pretty random that I have a hit that stems from actual worry about MS.  This, for some reason, really impacted me.  It makes me think of that video on the National MS Society website I saw a long time ago.


This search term made me think of that video - and spoiler alert - the girl who was diagnosed 7 days ago.  I remember when that was me.  I felt like I didn't even know which way was up.  I was scared and confused and no idea what was happening to me.  7 days into diagnosis I didn't even have my eyesight back yet.  It was a horrible time!

Now, today, it's not so bad.  It annoys the crap out of me and gets in the way, but I'm not so scared.  It's not as horrible as I feared it was going to be.  I can live with MS.

No comments: