Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

dilema

This girl, who is now and adult, but I knew her well as a camper and then staff member, well, she recently got married.  Her now-husband is the best friend of my brother-in-law.

Anyway, she texted me a couple weeks ago and said her mom (who is CRAZY in her own right), wanted to set me up with someone.  Would I go to a barbecue in which this girl was also invited?

I agreed, thinking it could be fun, and it would be easy enough.  There would be lots of people and who knows, it could lead somewhere.

So yesterday, the mother calls me.  She said she gave this girl my number and she'd call me in a few days to set up lunch or coffee or something.

BARBECUE.  Summer.  What the heck just happened?  That's not what I envisioned, and I don't date.  I suck at it in fact.  I end up falling for people I am friends with first, and thus relationships happen.  It definitely doesn't come from blind dates.

Now, I'm stressed about this woman calling me and what exactly I am going to say.

No comments: