Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Major Topper

The placebo effect works on me at least, even when I know that's what it is.

I am reminded of the episode of M*A*S*H, where they ran out of pain medicaton and gave all the post op patients sugar pills, but convinced them they were really strong pain pills. It worked. All the patients had less pain and went to sleep.

Last nigt I took the first dose of Zoloft my doc prescribed. A couple hours later, I felt amazingly good. Now, she said it would take about 4 weeks before I noticed if it was working. I'm pretty sure that its impossible to notice a difference in less than 4 hours.

But I did. As I went to sleep, I was feeling much better than I had in a long time. It was rather nice.

Now, this morning, the day I can sleep in, I was up 2 hours before my alarm even goes off on weekdays. I was thinking about everything, and not necessarily productive thoughts. It's rather weird waking up because your brain in thinking so much. But its 7am, and I've already done more today then I thought I would get done in the whole weekend. Win.

No comments: