Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

another day

I'm taking Avonex.  It's a disease modifying drug.  I didn't want to take any meds.  I wanted to just feel ok and be one of those people that didn't take meds.  But some really smart people, including my doctor and a MS nurse said I should definitly take them.

It's meant to get easier, giving yourself a shot.  For me, it seems to just keep getting harder.  I read a news article this week that said 60% of people on these meds quit.  I wanted to be one of them. 

I skipped the med Friday night.  I quit quitting and did it Saturday night.  Despite the fact that I've felt awful today, I know its good for me.  The overwhelming feeling of sadness is the worst.  And I'm not sure if I feel that way because I physically feel bad, or if I physically feel bad because emotionally I feel bad.  Either way, today has been awful.  I'm going to bed with the knowledge that tomorrow will be better.

No comments: