Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Heat

So, we all know heat makes MS worse. Last night I learned that also applied to having a fever.

That's logical, although I didn't think of it when I went to the ER. I had a low grade fever. I went to sleep. I woke up and couldn't see. Everything was blurry. I was ridiculously scared.

Turns out I didn't need to be. It was just the heat from the fever.

I feel very stupid really. I know I am meant to wait 24 hours of symptoms. I know much better..I shouldn't have gotten so scared.

On another note, the ER doc had an eye chart app for his phone. It made me think doctors must have the coolest apps.

1 comment:

MikeH said...

If I get the slightest fever I turn to Jell-O for lack of a better term. I am bedridden and cannot do anything until the fever disappears.
Luckily it's been years since I have had to deal with this.

Did you know this was one of the first tests performed by doctors to see if someone had MS? They would immerse the person in warm water and that would tell them almost immediately.
Take care
Michael