Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Camp Orange is finally a reality!

When I was an undergrad, I took a class called "Camp Management and Administration."

The final project in the course was to create a camp. I had to create a budget, programming plans, risk management plans, and the whole nine yards. Camp Orange was amazing. I had so much fun on that final project. My Camp Orange (I should mention that has nothing to do with MS, it's my favorite color. This was long before I was diagnosed with MS) was the most amazing camp anywhere. It was a multi-billion dollar operation. We had it all.

I've been bumming about not being involved with camp summer. It turns out, my Y wants to start a new camp program in a small little town in Western MA. I'm ridiculously excited about it.

And of course, I've named it Camp Orange. Really, what did they expect to happen. They told me to create a camp and provided no name. Of course it's going to be Camp Orange!

No comments: