Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

More boundary breakers

If 100 people your age were chosen at random, how many do you think you’d find leading a more satisfying life than yours?

That's quite a difficult question, given my recent state of mind.  Usually, at camp, I say something along the lines of 25 people lead a more satisfying life than me.  I always figured I had it pretty well, although there was always someone better off than me.  That was ok with me though, as I always had something to work toward.

Today though, I feel rather different.  I feel that so many things are wrong with my life and the amount of stuff to fix is rather overwhelming.  Today, I would say 60 people have a more satisfying life than me. 

Now, I need to fix that.  I need to get over wallowing in self pity and work on it.  First, finances.  I need to deal with stuff that I haven't wanted to deal with.  That will be a great start.

Second, work.  I need to decide if I really want to do this, and if so, give it my all.  No more of this half ass bullshit.

Life outside of work - I need to get myself involved in something that's extracurricular or what not.  I should find a cause that I want to volunteer with or something.  I'll find it.  That will be good to keep me busy, perhaps meet new people and generally contribute to society.

No comments: