Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but I've decided to try and come up with some (realistic) ones to see what I can do in a year.

1. Quit Smoking
2. Take 3 classes at the Y a week (water aerobics, Zumba, etc.)
3. Quit drinking Coke in my home, by June
4. Quit drinking Coke forever by the end of the year.
5. Read one book a month.
6. Finish my sister's scrapbook.
7. Not eat out once during the month of Feb.
8. Pay 50% of the car loan during 2013.
9. Pay off 2 student loans during 2013.
10.  Cook one new recipe every month.
11. Drink 3 bottles of water daily.

2 comments:

Lori said...

It's great that you've set these goals for the next year!

I quit smoking five years ago and it went a lot better than I thought it would.

(I know, right? That's not what any smoker wants to hear.)

Use nicotine replacement because quitters who quit long term are not martyrs who quit cold turkey.

If you want any moral support in this (or any of your other goals for that matter) drop by my blog or hit me up on Twitter - @LKid

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Heidi

How are you? I love your new years resolutions.

Looking them over, have you set little mini goals to make them achievable? You should check this page out for goal setting, I have found it to be very useful...

http://www.helphub.com.au/goals-are-a-process-not-an-event

Also I hope that quitting smoking is number 1 on your list. It has been shown time and time again to make MS worse.... Sorry if I sound like a nag.

I hope you are feeling energised with the advent of the new year.

Best wishes

Lee-Anne