Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Proof

I saw the play Proof tonight.  It was put on by my old college.  When I had taken a theater class, I actually did a project from this play.  It was pretty cool getting to actually see it on stage.  It was made into a movie, but I didn't think the movie was as good as the play.

In the very beginning, the lead character is taking to her dad.  At the end of the scene (SPOILER), it is revealed that he is actually dead.

I thought a lot about my mom.  I would love to talk to her, even if it was in a dream.  Catherine spoke to her dad - unclear whether it was a dream, or she was going crazy.  Her and her dad were talking about being crazy.  Her dad said since she was able to ask the question, "Am I crazy?" so therefore, she was not.  A crazy person wouldn't ask that, so it was a good sign she was asking.

Then, he pointed out he was dead.  He told her it was a bad sign that she was talking to a dead person.

I'd be ok, even if it was a bad sign, to get to talk to my mom.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I've never seen the play but I love the movie! I haven watched it more than once because each time I find some other little thing I missed...besides, with my MS memory it's well... you know...

Another favorite is A Beautiful Mind...

I don't think it's a bad sign for you to talk to your mom.