Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

365 posts

Back again!

9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
I guess there's a lot of things I believe and other disagree, but then again, those same things, there are plenty of others that agree.  Politics, religion, all those controversial things - they would fit.

I guess my future, I seem to disagree.  I feel like I will be alone forever, and that is the way it is meant to be.  I'm fairly content with it.  Most people think that's just hopelessness talking and that I'll find someone and be better off with them.  I disagree.  I am good on my own, and I don't have to worry about becoming a burden to someone.

10.  What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
I'd have to say open up in therapy.  I used to keep so much to myself, that really, there was no point whatsoever in going.  With this therapist though, who I've been seeing almost a year, I'm much more likely to open up.  I'm fairly proud of that.  I think that it's going to turn into being more honest and open with my friends.\

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Well, for others, I think its a great thing, when they can cry.  I think it's a great release for them.  For me, I think it's a good release.  I feel better after a good cry.  But, for me personally, I feel like crying in front of others, its weak and I hate doing it.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would handle my MS differently.  I would be more honest with people about what I really think and feel about it.  I'm mostly honest on my blog, cause well, no one I know irl knows about it.  But to those I know in real life, they know very little about how I really feel about MS.  If I knew I wouldn't be judged, I'd be more honest about it.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?
No, not nearly enough.  I have amazing friends, a brother and sister that are better than no other, a roof over my head, a kind landlord, enough money for what I need (although, more would always be nice!), a supportive boss, a job with wonderful staff and kids (mostly) and most of the time, I focus on what I don't have.  I want to get much better at celebrating the good things!

14. What is the difference between living and existing?
Living is enjoying all that life has to offer.  Existing just happens.  Everyone exists, but not everyone truly lives.  Living is necessary for a fulfilling life!

15. If not now, then when?
That's a question I need to ask myself daily.  It's a great motivator and a great way to approach each day.


No comments: