Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Thoughts for the night

If you want to feel rich, count all the great things you have that money can't buy

friends - really great friends, the kind that I know I can call on when I really need something.  The kind that can pull me up when I need it, and that I know will call on me when they need it.  The ones from long ago, the current ones, and the ones that I know are forever.

family - even if they can make me crazy, they are there.  In all sorts of weather, and they love me, unconditionally

knowledge - not just the book kind that came out of school, but the real life experience I have had.  The lessons I have learned, even if they came about the hard way, make me who I am.

children - there's been amazing children I've met in my life.  They've left a footprint on my soul and I really appreciate what they've done for me.

camp - as a child, this place defined me.  All I wanted to be when I grew up was my counselors.  This place molded me, and taught me about life.

love - it's cheesy, but those I've loved are worth it.  'Tis better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all - or something like that.

inspiration - those thoughts, ideas, things that keep me going.  It's those things I can turn to when I'm having a tough time.

health - eh, I can't count that anymore

No comments: