Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Satan called. He'd like his weather back.

Phew.  It's horrible out.  I think it got up to 106 today, with a heat index higher than that.

Now I have MS, and that offers its own unique set of challenges.  But that was not even important to me today.  The safety and wellness of 700 children and 200 staff was much more important.  Were the counselors making sure the kids drank enough water?  Were the counselors drinking enough water?  Were they too hot?  Would the counselors know what to look for if someone was having a heat emergency?

It was a rough day.  I'm happy to report, everyone left alive, including me. 

Now, onto me.  I've been very proud of myself this week.  It's been hotter than haities this week and I've done ok.  I still think I'm having a relapse, because even when I am home and cool, it's still the same, but it's been stable.

I haven't called the doctor, since I know how the conversation will go:
Dr. Dayaw "I think you're having a relapse and should be admitted to the hospital for a few days."
Me: "No, I can't do that, I have to work."
Dr. D: "Ok, then we'll schedule a round of steriods at the infusion place."
Me: "No, I can't get there either.  I work from early morning until late at night."
Dr. *eye roll* "Then what are you doing here?"
Me: "I don't know, I was just scared."

That would sound so stupid.  I decided I wasn't going to call her until I had an answer that sounded even remotely intelligent.  That didn't happen, so I never called.  That made me quite happy.  I did imagine her to have an answer that included, "oh look, I have this one little magic pill that will completely cure your MS right away."  Since that wasn't very likely, I didn't call.

No comments: